Friday, March 31, 2006

You Heard It First Here!

I'm watching Chirac's address to the nation right now. It's a really important speech, in which he will announce his decision on whether or not to retract the CPE. There is a problem with every. single. one. of the microphones on 5 out of 6 channels--and the 6th isn't showing Chirac. And... no! He has "maintained" the law! He did change 2 parts: he lowered the trial period from 2 years to 1, and the employer must tell the person being fired WHY they are being fired. Jube just turned to me and said, "Bon. Mardi y'a pas cours. No school next Tuesday!" Then he started playing the guitar, and I haven't heard the rest of Chirac's speech. Not that anyone else has. I'm sure that after his announcement, everyone across France stopped listening and turned to each other to debate.

1 comment:

Ksam said...

I know, thank God they fixed that audio problem quickly. Fab just laughed and said "Ha, someone's gonna get fired over that one!"

And I actually think he offered a good compromise, though none of the anti-CPE crowd seemed to agree with me...we'll see what happens next Tuesday, but I for one am getting tired of all this grève crap!