Thursday, March 23, 2006

Safe and Sound

I made it in to Washington, DC on Wednesday afternoon an hour early. No strike, no turbulence to bother my trip, only a screaming baby on the plane to annoy everyone. I was even able to buy a new bag in Heathrow during my layover. I've seen my mom, been woken up at 3:30am by her dog, and eaten my little brother's inventive cuisine. I've also attended the first day of the recruiting "weekend" at a Virginia university.

I got a free tee-shirt!

On Saturday I'm meeting my newlywed friend to ramble around Washington, DC (or maybe just the Washington area's malls).

I miss Jube terribly, but hanging out with my family is great.

5 comments:

Azraelle said...

Hi !

Je suis passée sur ton blog pour avoir des nouvelles, ça fait longtemps. Je suis heureuse de voir que tout va bien pour toi.

Bisous et courage,

Anonymous said...

SO JEALOUS.

Think of me, girls!

- N

Ksam said...

I hope you have a good trip back home!

Anonymous said...

Hello !

I'm Jo, belgian young woman, blog addict ;-)
I discovered your blog a few days ago and read all your posts since the beginning.

First of all, thanks a lot for your great blog !
It is interesting to discover (again) Europe (and France particularly) through a foreigner's eyes.

I hope your having a great time back with your family and that you'll have a safe trip back to Nice.

Just a little thing: do you remerber the Carnaval in Menton; the Orange thrower boys ?
They're called "Gilles" and are famous in Belgium, especially in the city of Binche. Their hats are made out of ostrich feathers.
Not sure whether this information makes your day but it made me smile to see some Gilles in Menton... ;-))

Thanks again and I wish you all the best for the future !
Jo

Gem said...

Thank you Jo, that's really nice of you! Hopefully I'll be able to write more soon.