Saturday, June 18, 2005

"Quartier Huppé "

Marche des Arceaux

This morning Jube and I went to the
Marché des Arceaux, where I took the above picture. After I bought some veggies, we took them back to the apartment and took the bikes down to centre ville. Yesterday Jube went to the eyedoctor, so today we went to the eyeglass store. He ordered new glasses and new sunglasses. We'll pick them up again in a week. It was pretty expensive--Jube was very sad. ("They cost more than my guitar!")

Tomorrow we are heading to Jube's parents' house for lunch and probably dinner. We will go swimming in their new pool (how exciting!). I'm looking forward to it. Sundays are very lazy days in France. Only restaurants and bakeries are open, so I can't indulge in any Sunday afternoon shopping sprees. We go to his parents' house, eat, and then watch television. My favorite program is on: Video Gag. It's the French version of America's Funniest Home Videos (and most of them do come from America). I like it because I don't have to concentrate on understanding French. I'm sure I'll be able to fill everyone in on the exciting free concert we will be seeing tonight. I hope that my feet don't fall off!

No comments: