Saturday, March 09, 2013

Day 13 – This week, in great detail

I will tell you about the week of February 11-17, since I am writing these in advance.  Sorry if you wanted something more recent!

Monday: I wore navy blue pants (they look kind of like jodhpurs), a cream shirt with a bird pattern, and a navy blazer with white polka dots.  I went to work, as usual.  I started listening to Brothers in Arms (no, BB, not the Dire Straits album!) in the car on the way to work.  Actually, I started by trying to listen to Le Pere Goriot, but I just couldn't get into it (especially knowing that I had a new SF book on deck).  On Sunday I had gone to Target, and I had to return something, so at lunch, I went to the local store.  I returned what I had to, and then bought more than I needed (shoes, shirt, skirt, Cheetos...) I was planning on buying lunch, but I couldn't figure out how to get into the parking lot of the Chipotle, so I just ate back in the office.  We prepared for a little Mardi Gras party the next day, hanging decorations, putting the coffee pot out in the lobby.  Jube and I watched The Bachelor on TV (Tierra was sent home to everyone's delight except hers).  We ate flounder with spinach and carrots while we watched.

Tuesday: I wore black pants tucked into purple boots, a white t-shirt, and a green blazer.  Mardi Gras colors, y'all!  Back to work. This afternoon we actually have the Mardi Gras party, with coffee, tea, and doughnuts (we tried to pretend they were beignets, but they were just from Dunkin Donuts).  I left work early, at 4:00, and drove to College Park for class.  We talked about Le Rouge et le noirAfter class I gossiped with a classmate for awhile before heading home.  I had chowed down on doughnuts at work, so Jube made me a salad and he had a sandwich.

Wednesday: I wore the outfit I wrote about for the "What You're Wearing" post.  Work!  We have a 2-hour staff meeting, immediately followed by a 1.5 hour committee meeting for me.  By the time I actually get into my office, it's practically time to go home.  At 5:00pm, it starts raining... and then it turns into a "wintry mix."  My 60 minute commute doubles.  At least I get a little further in my book on tape.  By the time I get home, I am ready to veg out.  Luckily, it is the season premiere of Survivor, and Jube and I eat while we watch it.  Because it is the season premiere, it lasts for an hour and a half.  This means we miss Modern Family.  We can see that it is snowing hard outside, and I hope for a snow day.  I head to bed to read, and I fall asleep right away.

Thursday: No snow day.  I wear the red shirt I bought at Target on Monday along with gray pants and my navy polka-dotted blazer and blue boaters.  Before leaving for work, I drop the Valentine's day card on my pillow for Jube to find when he wakes up.  Once at work, it turns into a busy day.  I have a few appointments and check on statistics in the morning.  At lunch, my colleague Dharma and I go to "Power Yoga."  It is really intense (and we get a "yoga valentine").  Once back in the office, I eat lunch at my desk while going over those statistics.  I leave late on Thursdays to make up for leaving early on Tuesdays.  I am able to get a lot of work done between 4:30 and 6:00, since no one is in the office.  As I am leaving, Jube calls to tell me he received his Valentine's day marzipan in the mail.  He says it is very tasty!  As a Valentine's treat for me, we order Chinese food and eat it in front of Parks and Rec and The Office.  I have almost finished Brothers in Arms, and I am hoping that I will be able to download the next book in the series from the e-library before the next day.  Nothing tonight, although I am "patron 1 of 1" on the waiting list.

Friday: I wear gray pants, a gray turtleneck, a black cowlneck shirt over that, and gray shoes.  Before I leave for work, I check to see if the next book is ready to be downloaded.  No luck!  Once I get to the office, I hop in my boss's car and we go to downtown Baltimore for a local conference.  It is okay - at least I get a free muffin for breakfast!  We get back to the office at 12:30.  I eat lunch and my boss decides to take a personal afternoon.  I do some followup work, but by 3:30 it has dried up and I am also ready to leave!  Too bad I can't.  I get home and almost immediately leave the house with Jube.  We take the metro to DC, where we eat at the Bistro d'Oc. After dinner, we go to the Warner Theater to see Nick Offerman (the late showing at 10:30pm).  We don't get home until after midnight!

Saturday: Sleeping in is great! Unfortunately, my body seems to have gone crazy after yoga.  Everything hurts, including my throat.  Ugh.  I lie around for most of the day, although I do go to Trader Joe's with Jube in the afternoon.  After we get home I read a book and go to bed early.

Sunday: Sleeping in really is great, for once!  I wake up feeling awesome!  The day is cold but sunny.  I read in bed for a bit while Jube goes out to pick up bagels and do some grocery shopping.  In the afternoon, we go to Target where I return some purchases, and then to the library, where Jube uses my card to get some books on digital photography and I read a trashy magazine.  We then go to the University of Maryland to watch a women's gymnastics meet.  It is really neat!  Jube takes some pictures.

Then we go home where we eat dinner and I watch The Amazing Race. Then it's off to bed - but luckily, Jube has President's Day (or, officially, Washington's Birthday) off, and I took a personal day, so we don't have to get up early then either!  All in all, a fun weekend.

No comments: