Friday, February 10, 2006

What was that again?

Yesterday, I confessed to Jube that sometimes I lose track of what my students are saying in class. That's really bad because I'm supposed to listen carefully and correct their mistakes. What can I say? Sometimes they tell me the most boring things, and talk for a really long time. I can't help it!

Jube told me that sometimes he does the same thing, especially when the English assistant is in class helping out. A few weeks ago, he used one of my lesson plans with the assistant. The kids got to read some genuine personal ads and then write their own. They read them out loud and then chose whose is the funniest and whose is the most attractive. Jube zoned out while the assistant did the activities with them. At the end of class, they asked him whose he liked the most. Caught off guard, he said, "Uhh, I like Julie's the best!" The students looked at each other and smiled.

Later, reading through the personal ads, he realized that Julie's looked something like this:

35-year-old English teacher WLTM a young girl with blond hair and blue eyes.

Should I be worried? More importantly, should any of his blonde, blue-eyed students be worried? I laughed for about 5 minutes when he told me this story, and then wondered if I should buy some hair dye and contact lenses . . .

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Next time that happens, you need to look at your shoes and mumble "I...I lost the time again". Sorry, I don't know the french translation :)

Ksam said...

That's funny that Jube has his own assistant!