Thursday, January 05, 2006

Long Post

Okay, now I have some time to sit down and describe my wonderful, chock-full, two American holiday weeks.

On Christmas morning, we all opened our presents. What a haul! I got lots of books, some CDs, a copy of The Big Lebowski (plus accessories), and . . . A TRIP TO NORWAY! Isn't that the best? I'm very excited about our trip, although it will take place in late April and might be colder than Nice . . . hehe. I also got Bride and Prejudice, which my mom and I enjoyed, and then we headed to my dad's house.

Christmas Holdem

There, we lazed around, played Texas Holdem (they had total poker faces, as you can tell), and watched Spinal Tap. I had a girls' night out with my grandmother, aunts, and cousins. Fun, although I didn't realize how much I had stuffed myself until I stood up and almost vomited. But I didn't, so the night ended well. Jube and I went to Maggiano's for dinner one night and ate for the next few days on our leftovers. I also watched Team America, World Police. I'm still not sure of how I feel about it . . .

Then we grabbed a flight to Cleveland and a car to Erie. It was gray, cloudy, and cold, but I got to see lots of people--BB, Nicole, Maria, and even more! I even helped Maria pick up her marriage license (she had almost forgotten to do it, and we arrived about 15 minutes before the bureau closed!). That Friday night, we went out to a Mexican restaurant. Oh how wonderful it was! There were six of us, and we ordered a pitcher of margaritas, but our waiter told us that we would need two pitchers. When the two pitchers arrived, we realized that we only needed one pitcher--but we managed to polish it off anyway, somehow avoiding diabetic shock and alcohol poisoning.

Wedding Kiss

Saturday was the wedding. The church wedding was at 2, and the reception was at 8, which gave us enough downtime to hook up with more friends! The reception was wonderful. The couple had rented the lobby of an old theater, which sounds weird, but was actually gorgeous. Everyone ate, danced, and counted down the new year. Afterwards, Jube and I slept for about 3 hours before heading back to the Cleveland airport for our 10:30am flight to Dulles.

New Year's Eve Wedding

Then we spent about 24 hours traveling before we got back to our good old "villa." We managed to pick up some frozen pizzas before getting home, and I dropped into bed at 9:00pm. That just about brings us up to speed!


BB said...

Some of us avoided alcohol poisoning more than others.

Gem said...

no paramedics were called.

Anonymous said...

Some of us drank entirely too much kahlua and sulked in bed all morning the day after...

- N