Monday, April 01, 2013

Day 19 – Something you regret, in great detail

I don't regret a lot in my life.  I have some minor moments of shame: skipping work back in college; not officially resigning from my job in Nice; not showing up to a job interview in Norfolk... (these all seem to be job-related).  In one previous post, I mentioned admiring my mother for not getting embarrassed.  I think that I may have inherited this from her, since I get over most of my embarrassing moments quickly.

Something I regret is not keeping in touch with my best friend from Montpellier.  Rachael and I were both assistantes de langue anglaise at the same time.  We lived about a block apart, and we did a lot together.  We saw Bridget Jones's Diary 2 subtitled in French together at the cinema; we went clubbing together at a student club in Montpellier where we saw one of Jube's middle school students; we shared a room during orientation in Meze and went to our medical visits together.  We complained about our friends back in the US who didn't send us e-mails, and then I did the same thing when I moved to Nice.  I wish I hadn't.

No comments: