Friday, December 11, 2009

Convergence of Interests

My newest news: I just bought tickets to see Muse in March! I'm so excited!

I've liked Muse for awhile - since my first trip to France, when le Parisien took Jube and me to fnac, where I listened to "Origin of Symmetry" on the headphones, which was in 2001. When I got back to the US, I looked for the album, but could only find their debut CD. I only recently discovered that it wasn't released until 2005, explaining my confusion in being sure there was a new album!

Anyway, I only discovered that I really liked Muse when I listened to their 2006 album, "Black Holes and Revelations" and listened to the 9th track. Although it's called "City of Delusion," I like to pretend that it's really called "City of Illusions" after Ursula K. LeGuin's book. It's not very likely, I know, but don't you think that a band that I like so much would also like LeGuin?

And that's how I realized that I liked Muse. A lot.

No comments: