Saturday, April 11, 2009

Lottery

Yesterday was a beautiful day, with warm weather and cloudy skies. Jube and I took a walk through the park near our house. On our way home, Jube turned to me with a fait divers from that morning's newscast.

"You know someone around here won $150 million in the lottery! They're just waiting for him - or her, I guess - to come pick it up. On the news they interviewed some guy who said he was so happy for whoever won, like painting a picture of him - 'He's probably in debt, and this money will help him get out of this poor area' or whatever."

"That's interesting. You know, I've heard that winning the lottery can really mess up your life, like you lose all of your close relationships because of money."

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard that too. It can definitely mess up your life for some people. But that wouldn't happen to me."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Because he would let you arrange for a financial advisor??