Wednesday, November 28, 2007

First Lesson: Gender!

Jube recently volunteered to teach a community education course at a nearby school: Introduction to French Culture and Language. He was in for a bit of a shock when he read the course description...

"If you want to learn about France and its language, what better person to learn from than Jube? She is a native of France, educated at Universite Montpellier III in the south of France, and she has worked at several middle and high schools in France as an English teacher. Her informative course will cover beginning French for travelers/tourists, a discussion of contemporary French culture, and analysis of French stereotypes."

"One of my coworkers pointed it out to me," he said. "I guess the first thing I do will be to make sure they know I'm the teacher! Actually, maybe I could get you to teach the class... they'll never know the difference!"

3 comments:

ashtanga en cevennes said...

A Jube and Gem amalgam, huh?

I've just been digging around in your archives. Don't mind me!

Gem said...

I think the archives are the most interesting part of my blog these days... Enjoy!

N said...

Hee hee...